Sourcing Engineer (Electronics)
GreyOrange is looking for a Vendor Development Engineer responsible to onboard reliable supplier(s) capable of fulfilling current requirements and future exigencies, safegaurding business continuity at all times.
The below roles & responsibilities are indicative of the expectations of GreyOrange from your job role. However, your impact on the organization and hence the responsibilities evolve over time and hence the below are not exhaustive or limiting your position at any point.
- Should be owner of part(s) from alpha/beta stage till handover to SCM for a particular commodity(s).
- Should ensure reliable suppliers are available for the allocated commodity(s) as per business requirements.
- Should support VD manager in ensuring reliable (supplies required quality and quantity at most favorable price) and adequate supplier base to ensure business continuity and exigencies at all times.
- Should be responsible for identification of new suppliers (based on commodities) as per current/future business requirements and exigencies
- Should be responsible for end to end supplier approval process and coordination with all internal/external stakeholders.
- Should be responsible for pre-defined supplier agreement once the supplier has qualified under the supplier approval process
- Should take responsibility of freezing commercial guidelines with approved supplier
- Should take responsibility to attain drawings/technical specifications with tolerances from R&D and check manufacturing feasibility for mass production of the same with the suppliers with supplier feedback report
- Should take responsibility of implementing corrective measures/changes in drawings/technical specifications and tolerances, as per manufacturing feasibility report by communicating to R&D
- Should take responsibility to amicably resolve technical issues/queries between R&D and supplier, safeguarding business requirements at all times
- Should be responsible to align internal stakeholders on right process to make a part(s) based on personal/supplier experience and business requirements
- Should be responsible for finding different avenues of cost saving by value analysis/value engineer and/or alternate sourcing and/or actualization and/or localization and/or negotiation
- Should support VD manager in adhering target cost to achieve desired RMC% of BOM
- 3-6 years of experience in Vendor Development for electrical and electronics components in China
- Atleast 2 years experience in Automation/ Logistics industry
- Preferable experience working with Indian companies
- Fluent in English and Mandarin / simplified Chines
- Must be handling commodities like Motors, Gearboxes, Sensors, Imaging systems, and Controllers
- Awareness of Statutory compliance in vendor development for China
- Must understand supplier FAT (Factory Acceptance Test) production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and APQP Advance Product Quality Planning.
- Must be working Closely with R&D Team and develop vendor accordingly.